Dangers of high blood sugar
Chronic high levels of blood sugar are dangerous to the body. It can destroy organs and blood vessels that may lead to heart attack, dialysis, and type 2 diabetes that damage the nerves, develop erectile dysfunctionand blindness. Maintaining the balance of blood sugar can be a matter of life and death. A leading Naturopathy doctor, Natasha Turner gives a list of ten blood sugar lowering foods to reign and regulate high levels of blood sugar.
How to help lower blood sugar with the following balancing foods?
Some foods have alarger impact on the body’s blood sugar levelthan others. It is best to know the foods for keeping blood sugar levels steady if one has diabetes, but it’s a good idea for everyone.
The Carb Sensitivity Program by Natasha Turner refers to the following potent sugar lowering foods:-
- Blueberries—are found to increase sensitivity to insulin and help in reducing the risk of developing diabetes. They are low in naturally occurring sugars and are packed with antioxidants that help to fight damages from free radicals. They are also helpful in reducing signs of aging anddeveloping diseases like cancer and Alzheimer’s. Foods rich in carbs can produce too much insulin and lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.
- Avocados—contain a compound beta-sitosterol that helps in a sudden inflammation after any intense workout. Avocados are full of monounsaturated fat, which helpsin slowing down the release of sugars into the bloodstream. Avocados are full of calories, the intake must be limited to a just one quarter piece daily or taken in the form of drops of avocado oil sprinkled on salads or fruits
- Cinnamon—is found to reduce risks of cardiovascular problems like blood sugar and levels of triglycerides cholesterol and total cholesterol. Cinnamon makes a better response to insulin and maintaining a better sugar balance. Cinnamon can be added to the diet in several ways. It can sprinkle on coffee or tea and used as a spice in most vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
- Chia Seeds—are anti-inflammatory agents along with fiber, magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron and folic acid. These tiny seeds help in managing the effects of diabetes, in improving insulin sensitivity and acidic symptoms caused by improper metabolism. These seeds are high in protein, fiber and omega 3 as well.
- Mangos—a recent research has found that though mango is sweet but it helps in lowering sugar level. According to the report 10gms of freeze dry mangos which is equal to 100 gems of fresh mango helps in lowering blood sugar. Mangos contain over 20 different vitamins and minerals along with folate and fiber. Mangos are found to contain no pesticide remains.
- Spices—A food-seasoning spice mixture containing various spices has been found to improve metabolism of both glucose and cholesterol and also in reducing blood sugar and insulin levels. These spices include turmeric, curry leaf, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds , mustard and coriander
- Olive oil—is rich in the monounsaturated fat that preventsaccumulation of fat on the belly fat and also insulin resistance. It helps to increase the release of leptin—that is an appetite-suppressing hormone. Extra-virgin olive oilhas an anti-inflammatory effect on the body which helps to protect and repair the cardiovascular system.
- Eggs—Researchers have said that eating eggs can control hunger by reducing the post-meal insulin response. They help in reducing weight also. It is noticed that those who eat two eggs a day eat much less calories during the day.
- Vinegar—has been found to blunt blood sugar and insulin increasesand heighten the sensation of fullness after a higher-carbohydrate meal. The blood sugar balancing quality of vinegar is found to work well with people who are just developing diabetes.
- Cherries—contain natural chemicals which help to lower the blood sugar level in patients suffering from diabetes. Cherries can also protect the body from heart disease and cancer
- The Real Way to Lose Weight.
- “The Carb Sensitivity Program” by Dr. Natasha Turner gives a comprehensive discussion of how and why dietary carbohydrates create metabolic problems. This program can helps in repair of metabolism and also in weight loss. She has made a discovery that helps in carb cravings, control appetite and reduce belly fat. Her deep research has revealed that most people have different degrees of sensitivity to carbohydrates. Dr. Turner has developed an individualized plan to figure out the right carbs for on to lose weight.