Rosacea is a chronic adult skin disease causing enlargement of facial blood vessels resulting in a flushed appearance accompanied by tiny red pimples and acne like appearance. Generally it develops during teenage and its intensity may worsen over time with swelling and pain.
Though the specific triggering agents for rosacea are still being unknown, researches revealed some of the major elements like stress, sun-exposure, alcohol, junk-foods, presence of microscopic skin inhabitant mite – Demodex folliculorum, gastrointestinal disease etc.
Natural home remedy
The redness of facial blood vessels can be annihilated by a proper treatment plant. Varieties of home remedies are available to cure this troublesome disease.
Olive leaf extract
Olive leaf extract is a powerful detoxifiers and internal cleanser. It fortifies immunity against auto-immune disease like rosacea. This oil detoxifies the invaders like pathogens and protozoa and bolsters immune system.
- The highest recommended amount of the doze containing Oleuropein extract content of at least 25%, should be taken before food for the first 10 weeks.
- This should be reduced to lowest recommended amount as mentioned in the bottle for next 3 months.
Apple cider vinegar
This heath tonic, being an internal cleanser and detoxifier too, recolonizes the digestive system reducing bad bacteria with friendly bacteria. This reduces the formation of toxic elements in blood, alleviating food sensitivity of rosacea sufferers.
- Mix 1-2 table-spoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water and then drink that 3 times each day.
- This can be also taken with salad by sprinkling this mixture over it.
- One can take good quality organic apple cider vinegar supplement.
Green tea has anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant capacities. These properties help it to fight against rosacea with extreme efficacy. This advocates to reduce sensitivity to ultra-violet sun-ray, prevents the perturbation of skin barrier which the resacea sufferers need to preserve.
- Add 1-2 teaspoon of the powder in smoothie or hot cup of tea and drink 2-3 times a day.
- One can apply face cream containing this green tea twice a day.
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of oatmeal reduce the burning sensation, itching and redness of the skin.
- Mix one-half cup of oatmeal powder with one fourth cup of water.
- Gently apply this mixture on the skin and leave that for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and apply this process twice daily for few days.
Licorice, being an anti-inflammatory agent helps to reduce the skin irritation and rejuvenates the skin cells.
- Mix one tablespoon of licorice powder, with honey and Aloe vera gel, one teaspoon each.
- Apply this mixture on the affected skin. Wash that off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
- Follow this process twice a day for 4-8 weeks.
Being anti-inflammatory this antiseptic oil is being widely used as a remedy of many sin diseases including rosacea.
- Gently message a cotton ball soaked with lavender oil in face twice daily for few weeks. This helps to shrink the visible red blood vessels on the face.
- Mix a drop of this oil with one tablespoon of almond oil and apply this on affected skin area before going to the bed and wash with lukewarm water in the next morning. Follow this for several weeks.
Honey is the powerful antioxidant agent for acne breakout treatment and is globally used for restoring healthy and rejuvenated skin for its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Apply little bit of raw honey on the face and wash it with lukewarm water followed by a moisturizer. Follow this twice daily to eliminate the redness of the facial skin.
- Mix two tablespoon of organic honey with one tablespoon of olive oil and half tablespoon of whole milk. Gently apply this on the face and wash with lukewarm water after 10 minutes. Follow this for thrice weekly.
Use of aloe vera in facial skin is a common practice for skin diseases including rosacea.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the skin and leave that to dry. Wash with normal water and follow this twice daily. This will certainly promote healthy skin.
- One can consume the aloe vera juice as well.
Other home remedy
- Apply tea tree oil.
- Put some slice of cucumbers on affected skin areas of the face.
- Apply sunscreen with high SPF.
Wheat grass, barley grass, chlorella and spirulina are rich of potential antioxidants and essential nutrients for the body. Being chlorophyll rich and anti-inflammatory, these foods regenerate organic cells and boost energy level, lesson rosacea condition.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoon of the powdered supplement of these four foods in a glass of water or natural fruit juice and take that 2-3 time a day before food.
- Mix the powder paste in water and gently rub that on rosacea. Rinse that off after one hour.
Rosacea patients suffer from high or abnormal level of Cathelicidin , an anti-microbial peptide for exacerbation of this disease. Vitamin D normalizes the level of cathelicidin. Vitamin D is an essential agent for skin reproduction and reformation of skin’s anti-infective barrier.
- Taking Vitamin D supplements like Fermented cod liver oil, Omega-3 fatty acid are the safest options for rosacea sufferers.
To deal with rosacea, living healthy lifestyle with balanced diet mixed with anti-inflammatory food is strongly recommended.
Subscribe to Blog via Email